Fabulous news! We have our first showing request!!
Here are a few things to keep in mind before every showing:
- Have your home look just like it did for the photographs (clean, dishes put away, beds made, pet bowls and kid’s toys put away, etc.)
- Put all toilet lids down.
- Open all curtains/blinds.
- Turn on all lights.
- Hide any valuables such as jewelry, prescription meds, etc., or better yet, take them with you.
- Hide all mail with your name on it, as we don’t want potential buyers to know who you are.
- Turn off alarm systems and unlock all doors. Take pets with you or place them in crates.
How Do Showings Work?
The buyer’s Realtor will use the lockbox key to enter/exit if I’m not accompanying them and will turn off all lights and lock the door when she/he leaves.
- Showings usually last 15 – 30 minutes. However, in case clients come early, I like to have you out 15 minutes before the showing is scheduled to start and stay out for at least 45 minutes in case the buyer is running late or the showing goes long (that’s a good thing and usually means they like your home!). Therefore, plan to be gone for 45 minutes to 1 hour for each showing.
- Once the brochures/BLC listing sheets arrive, please leave them on your foyer or dining table for showings.
- After the showing, the buyer’s Realtor will automatically get an email asking for feedback. Generally, only about 30% of Realtors fill it out. If we receive feedback, I will immediately forward it to you via email to review. Don’t be surprised when we don’t get feedback but don’t be offended by feedback either.
We’re looking for that ONE buyer who loves your home. For most, your house won’t be the right fit for various reasons, but we only need to find one. If you have any questions, please let me know!
Now…let’s get your home sold.