You’ve found properties on the BLC you’re interested in seeing, We’ve set up your showings and we head out soon to see them!
Before we head out here are a few important things to know:
- Most sellers require you are pre-approved before being able to see their homes.
- Sellers put limitations on showings such as no showings after 6 pm or on Sundays, etc. Ideally, we will schedule our showings a day in advance to give Sellers ample time to prepare.
- Wear comfortable slip-on shoes as we may be asked to remove our shoes in some homes.
- If a lot of sunlight is important to you in a home, then try to do showings during daylight hours.
- Dress for the weather. The walkway or driveway may be snowy, icy, muddy, etc. The house may or may not have AC or heat.
- Vacant houses may not have any utilities turned on.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property, not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing, we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- Some sellers will have Nanny Cams in their homes so be aware of what you say and do. Don’t talk about how much you can afford, what kind of offer you want to make while in the house, in case someone is listening.
- If sellers are home, be careful not to give too much away about yourself and why you’re buying as that information could hurt us later during the negotiation process.
- Bring drinks and snacks as looking at lots of homes can be grueling!
Generally, the day before we are scheduled to look at homes, I will email you the route so you will know where we are meeting and when.
Now let’s go see some homes!
Have any questions?
Call or text: 317.413.1360
Email me: LeeAnnBalta@C21Scheetz.com