Closing day is here!
Our title company will make sure everything goes smoothly and review the Closing Statement in more detail showing the exact breakdown of the closing cost charges. The title agent will arrange for the balance of your loan to be paid off with the proceeds from closing. If you are receiving additional money back from closing once your loan has been paid off in full, the title company will either wire transfer to your account of choice or provide a check at closing.
There will be a lull in the closing process when the title agent sends signed documents to the buyer’s lender. This is a great time to exchange keys and answer buyer questions.
And that’s it! Congratulations on a successful sale.
Thank you for trusting us to sell your home.
A few important reminders for closing:
- Bring your photo ID with you (ideally a driver’s license or passport)
- Closing takes approximately an hour but could be longer. At closing, in addition to you, there will usually be the following people present:
- The title officer. Basically, the title officer runs the show. They review all the documents and makes sure everything is appropriately signed, sends all of the signed documents to the underwriter for one last review and issues any refund checks at the end of closing.
- I will be will be available should any problems arise.
- You, the seller. To sign all the required documents, provide you information during a period the title office leaves the room to send signed documents to the lender.
- The buyer’s agent. Your agent will be available should any problems arise. If I’ve done my job, the closing is anti-climactic.
- The buyers: To sign all the required documents, receive information during a period the title office leaves the room to send signed documents to the lender and ask last minute questions.
Have any questions?
Call or text: 317.413.1360
Email me: LeeAnnBalta@C21Scheetz.com